What is Formation?
Formation is Living Leadership's dynamic training programme for church apprentices, interns and other trainees and junior ministers.
What is Distinctive About Formation?
Formation places a unique emphasis on building grace-based character for leadership. We want to help young leaders know the love and grace of God in their lives and ministries. A strong focu on the power and significance of the cross of Christ in their lives is central to teh development of their practical and theological skills.
Formation also places¬†a high value on equipping trainees with strong ministry and Bible skills. The programme provides an opportunity for churches to collaborate in training. Most of the training is delivered by leaders from participating churches joining together to give trainees a great start in ministry.
What Do Delegates Gain From Formation?
Formation gives trainee leaders the best possible start in ministry, building growth in grace and godliness, Bible-handling and ministry skills. Attendees will receive from experienced pastors and trainers who share not only their skills and ministry experience but themselves.
The Formation programme consists of two conferences in September and March. The practical training covers many aspects of ministry, including:
- Understanding and applying the Bible to life
- How to live out principles of biblical servant-leadership
- A great introduction to working in a church and to teamwork
- A range of pastoral ministry and evangelism skills
How Does Formation Work With Other Training Delivered by a Church?
Formation is designed to compliment the training schemes of participating churches. Leaders from the churches are warmly invited to help shape the development of the programme to best serve the needs of their church and are always welcome to the conferences.
Participating churches enjoy the benefits of working together to train junior leaders and develop partnership for sharing skills, resources and best practice.
Formation trainees have to book through their church and with the church‚Äôs full commitment and approval.
Anything Else I Should Know?
Other key features of Formation include:
- A high ratio of team to trainees, providing deep investment in lives
- Equal weight being given to building grace-filled character for leadership, strong foundations in the scriptures and transferable skills for ministry
- Genuine national collaboration between evangelical churches across denominations
- Plenty of time given to prayer, worship and small group work for building relationships of depth between trainees
- Senior ministry staff from Core Partner Churches attending to invest in trainees. Among the Core Partner Churches are Above Bar Church Southampton, All Souls Church London, Chessington Evangelical Church, Cornerstone Church Nottingham, Crofton Baptist Church, Eden Baptist Church Cambridge and Kings Church Durham
Head on over to the¬†download section for a flavour of some of the training content.
Where is Formation held?
At the Harby Centre, a small conference centre near Melton Mowbray in the beautiful Vale of Belvoir
What will it cost?
¬£180 for the two residential conferences
When is it?
Conference 1: 4-6th September 2012
Conference 2: 5-7th March 2013
Brochure and Booking Form
Click here for PDF brochure (PDF 1.6MB)